Mom on a Mission - Single Mom helps translate Bible in Ginnea-Bissau

Posted by religion world Friday, April 14, 2017

The following is a testimony of a single mother in Ginnea-Bissau, Africa where a translation of the Bible into the Djola – Bayote language is taking place.

 

http://blog.wycliffeassociates.org/mom-on-a-mission-march2017

 

 

Mom on a Mission

28March, 2017

Wycliffe Associates

·          

“My name is Brigite, and I accepted Christ as my Lord less than a year ago. I am 21 years old, and I have a one-year-old daughter. Her name is Ercilia, and she is my great joy.

“Being a mother is a great responsibility, and caring for Ercilia requires most of my time. But when I was invited to participate in a Bible translation workshop to help translate the Holy Word into my language, I knew I must do it. 

“My people, the Djola Bayote, live in Guinea-Bissau in Africa. In our culture, most people believe many gods and spirits exist. They very much need to know about the one true God. So I must translate the Scriptures for them, so they can be changed like I have been changed. But mostly I want to translate God’s Word for my daughter, so she can grow up knowing the truths of the Bible and that God loves her.

“The MAST translation workshop was challenging, but it also was a blessing. I took Ercilia with me every day, and she was an extra inspiration. By the end of the workshop, the other nine participants and I had finished translating 22 chapters of the New Testament into the Djola Bayote language. We are very excited about this progress, and we are eager to continue the translation in the next workshop, which will be soon.

“Every day I am thankful to God for working through me to translate the Bible for the sake of my daughter and my people.”

 

 

0 comments

Post a Comment

Online

Blog Archive

My Popularity (by popuri.us)