Simply 4 God

Posted by religion world Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Simply 4 God

Link to Simply 4 God

Heart = Thoughts, Actions and Emotions

Posted: 30 Sep 2009 09:10 AM PDT

think Pictures, Images and Photos
Proverbs 23:7
For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he (KJV)
For as he thinks within himself, so he is. (NASB)
For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. (AMP)

Above are three different translations which have the same underlying meaning. What we think in our minds is a direct result of what we feel within our hearts. What we think in our minds affects our actions, our emotions and our words. Yet, it all begins in my central location.

THE HEART.

My questions to you: Are you a thinker?Are your thoughts positive or negative? Do you speak out of anger? Do you react out of anger? Are the wheels of your mind constantly turning? Does your mind get tired from all your thinking? Are you ready to be set free?


These are questions I have asked myself this past week. My answer to every single one of them is:

YES! YES! YES!

I have been studying the power of thoughts and words all week. I have Joyce Meyer's book, "Battlefield of the Mind" and I am reading it ever so slowly. I highly recommend anyone who is troubled with wrong or negative thoughts to get this book and study it diligently. It is truly a powerful book.

The first lesson I learned is that all my thoughts begin in my heart. This was an ouch to me because if I am thinking negative and bad thoughts, how can I say I truly love Jesus? Jesus is love. He is not negative nor is He bad. So how can my mouth utter the words, I love Jesus, when my heart is filled with negative and bad thoughts?

HMMM, I have to change the condition of my heart and my thoughts. But, can I change the condition of my heart and mind? NO, only God can. This is why David said in Psalm 51:10, "Create in me a clean heart, O God." David also says in Psalm 139:23,24, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.."

Notice in both verses David is asking God to do something with his heart: "create, clean, search and see".  In reading these two verses it is obvious that the heart is the central control tower which directs our thoughts, our actions and our emotions. Also, notice that David is asking the one who created his heart to create, clean, search and see the things that are not right within his heart: GOD. We can not do this on our own.

Only God can change your heart condition.

So,  I have began my journey on changing my heart. Each day in my prayers I speak the words in Psalm 51:10 and 139:23,24 to God. (God so loves it when we pray His words back to Him). I know that God changing my heart will take time, and I know that it will not happen overnight, yet I am certain that little by little God will indeed change my heart. He will remove all that is not right within my heart. In God changing my heart, my thoughts, my actions, my emotions and my life will indeed change for the better. 

AND GOD WILL ONCE AGAIN BE GLORIFIED!!!!!!!!

Will you travel along with me on this journey? Will you watch the transformation take place as God changes my heart? Better yet, will you join me in this life changing journey by asking God to change your heart?

I hope and pray that you will.

Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, will be with us in truth and love.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Online

Blog Archive

My Popularity (by popuri.us)